By Author: Katherine Rybak
Becoming Hearing Empowered contains eight sections that help you:
Unlock the power of a growth mindset to create a happy life with hearing loss.
- Understand the mechanics of hearing loss and how to decode your audiogram.
- Consider the emotional impact of negative experiences because of your hearing loss, and then get your roadmap to move confidently forward.
- Fight your internalized stigma.
- Confidently disclose your hearing loss clearly and effectively in any situation.
- Explore how stigma influences your feelings about hearing technology.
- Learn the secrets to finding detailed information about personal hearing technology and use that information at your next audiology appointment.
- Effectively provide detailed feedback about your personal hearing technology and advocate for improvements in programming and options.
- Become well-informed about assistive technology and accommodations and know how to access them.
- Understand that hearing loss is actually a communication loss that happens between 2 or more people and that you are not the only person responsible for your understanding.
- Effectively and respectively refute accusations of “selective hearing” and only hearing when “you want to.”
- Set healthy social and experiential boundaries that protect your energy.